The guidelines posted here apply to both the comments section and the forums. This information is also posted inside the forums, but you must register before you can get into the forums, so please read them before continuing. Do not comment on the articles or register if you disagree with these guidelines.
Before you register, please be aware that registering with any false information is grounds for permanent banishment. You may choose any username you wish, but must use your real name to register.
Forum Rules and Guidelines
We’re excited you’re here and we want this to be a positive experience for all, one that helps each of us grow into new ways of being and cooperation while we learn, help each other, derive exceptional value, and navigate the changes that are already happening to us and our planet. We don’t want to tear anything down or fight old systems. The goal here is—to paraphrase Buckminster Fuller—to create new systems that make the old systems obsolete.
We don’t like rules for rules sake, but some guidelines are necessary, and they may change as is needed. It is reasonable to expect that there will be many people on the forum with differing worldviews. While we may disagree as to why the events that are taking place are happening—blame—we don’t want to play that game. So feel free to talk about what is happening and how we can create new solutions and alternatives, but please stay away from blame. That way, no one feels like they have to defend their position, something that goes on far too frequently in our societies and cultures.
Notice: Administrators/Moderators reserve the right to change/edit/delete any content at any time if they feel it is inappropriate.
I. General Forum Rules:
- Make sure you are posting constructive criticism, whether it’s negative or positive. We will take feedback into account and we expect others to do so, as well.
- Filing false information about who you are, your location, home page, etc., will result in your immediate and permanent ban. This is to protect our members and stop spam and unwanted marketing.
- Choose any username you like. However, you MUST use your real name and real email address in the registration process. This is to prevent spamming.
- Post personally identifiable information (i.e. name, address, email, phone number, etc.)
- Bump threads
- Derail a thread’s topic.
- Post links to phishing sites.
- Post spam (i.e. +1, 10char, rickrolls) or Re-post Closed, Modified, Deleted Content.
- Repetitively post in the incorrect forum
- Openly argue with a moderator. Contact the Moderator via a private message (openly disagreeing is fine. We want to encourage free thinking and commenting).
- Share your account. Forum accounts are intended for the use by one person.
- Create alternate, backup, or multiple accounts.
- Publicly post or otherwise share PMs with other users unless you have the expressed permission of the sender to do so. Private Messages are intended to be just that – private.
- Use inappropriate live links, they are NOT permitted. Other links are allowed if they are relevant and not spammy
II. The following topics are strictly off limits, including in external links:
- Porn, gross stuff, or anything else not safe for work
- Piracy, warez, Leaked content. *Any* discussion of piracy will result in a permanent ban from the Forums.
- Cheating, hacking, game exploits
- Threats of violence or harassment, even as a joke
- Posting copyrighted material such as magazine scans
- Soliciting, begging, auctioning, selling, advertising, referrals.
- Racism, discrimination
- Religious, political, and other “prone to huge arguments” threads must be approached with respect
III. No Backseat Moderating:
Let the Forum Moderators do the moderating. Backseat Moderating is when people who are not Moderators try to enforce the forum rules. Whenever you see a person breaking the rules, take advantage of the “Report this post to a moderator” link. Or simply IGNORE the offensive post(s) or thread. The most common backseat reply is the “+1 in before lock” phrase. Backseat moderating is annoying, and pointless.
IV. Report Post to the Moderators:
Should you observe a fellow forum member breaking these rules please report the post by clicking the Report Post button located to the left of every post, or feel free to contact any of the Forum Staff
V. Lifetime Achievement Award:
Users who are found to be repeat offenders will be removed from the forums.
Last, to have an account, you must agree to to these guidelines. If, for some reason, you feel you cannot follow these guidelines, please delete your account. If you have a membership account, you have 30 days from the time of your joining the site to contact the Administrator and tell them why you cannot abide by these guidelines. Refunds on memberships according to this policy will be made on a case-by-case basis.
VI. These Guidelines May Change:
Admin retains the right to modify these rules as may become necessary. Everything evolves…or dies.